Posted: October 13th, 2011 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: Art and Fashion, bathing suits, Beauty, Hats, I'm Styling, Jewelry, Lithos, music, Shoes, Sunglasses, t-shirts, Uncategorized | Tags: Aldo, Chrissy Lloyd lithographs, fashion and art visual diary, Ferragamo accessories, Gen Lux, Jennifer Behr, Little Miss Matched, Neal Evans, Royal Family Affair, Seventeen Magazine, Stage Stores, Steve Madden shoes | No Comments »
I have been super busy over the last couple of months, so I thought it would be cool to show you a visual diary of what I have been up to. These are photos from my everyday life; work, art, and things that catch my eye. Click on the images if you want to see the whole photo.
from left to right, top to bottom
1. black feathers and flowers from hair accessory designer Jen Behr. She let me borrow them for a crazy Gibson Girl hair-do for a party I attended.
2. love this ring, reminds me of Giorgia O’Keefe’s animal scull paintings
3. everyone needs a black heart ring
4. candle display at a party. It was a great way to give some interest to a boring corner area of the room
5. my lithograph titled: “Whatever You Say”. This was featured in W Magazine
6. dear friend makeup artist Ashleigh Ciucci. She has the best style. Love the orange lipstick
7. with model Ursula in wardrobe room. Someone sent us the wrong sized jeans.
8. A new species of plant: Chichi-anthalious relaximus.
9. Neal and I at IPC opening for their summer show. I had two pieces selected for it! We are doing a little Great Gatsby look here.
10. vintage bathing headband. I bet it had a matching bathing suit at one point
11. Robert Rauschenberg artwork at MOMA. I loved all the prints of old newspapers.
12. zodiac cuffs in the Seventeen Magazine fashion closet.
13. model Shu on set. she is super cute, love her
14. white sweet peas, so pretty and fresh.
15. my lithographs drying on a rack
16. Jersey shore swimming pool: this shot would be much better if everyone knew how to do “pretty feet”
17. Lithograph ready to go to my friend’s cupcake shop in Maine
18. seeing the light on a all girls camping trip
19. Tina getting made up in the woods by Carmindy. We did each other’s hair and makeup and took great pics running around the woods.
20. fresh seafood pic I saw in a magazine.
21. “Lady Cinnamon”. I ended up printing her in a burnt umber color.
22. a piece I did for Hublot Watches
23. monoprint I am especially proud of
24. another version
25. and yet another version
26. loved the way my friend, artist Celia Gerard, had her hair so casually knotted
27. fresh fruit from the stand
28. Celia enjoying the bounty
29. Anchovy starring in her own film noir
30. adorable penguin sweater by one of my clients, Little Miss Matched
31. doing research for my t-shirt post for Equinox’s new magazine called Q
32. lithotine poured on a litho plate. Love the effect
33. researching new brands
34. Albertus Swanepoel hat I want to pick up from Target at the end of this month
35-42. me pushing toner powder around on a litho plate. wild how much things can change right? I ended up scrapping it, as it got very Bootsy Collins…
43. vintage military pins etc for a Rebel Youth inspired story
44, vintage bra tops from Early Halloween
45. Vintage military hat
46. fantastic Aldo shoes…cheap and cool!
47. working on a litho.
48. Rachel Roy safety pin earrings that I wish I would have bought because they sold out!
49. Steve Madden silver boots I was considering buying for a job
50. RAGE! Royal Family Affair in Vermont
51. purple plant I want to find out more about.
52. satin headwraps and patent bow from Jen Behr
53. adorable knit head kerchief from Jen Behr
54. customizing boots…love my job sometimes
55. on set for Little Miss Matched
56. me trying on a hat, while enjoying a tootsie roll pop
59. Oh Ferragamo, you make such pretty things
60. in between shots for Gen Lux
61. love taking pictures of models when they are not modeling!
62. Anchovy loves the beach
63. Carmindy looking lovely in Montauk
64. me in some Dior sunglasses I wish I would have kept…
65. The outdoor “roof” at the Surf Lodge. I want to do this in our back yard
68. at Pravda. Yes that is caviar in the martini glass
69. Neal with Jimmy Cobra at the Caveman show at Mercury Lounge
70. Anchovy is such a lady sometimes
71. took a quick snap of a Mert and Marcus pic in Interview Magazine
Posted: November 29th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, bags, dresses, Going Out, If I Had the Cash, Jackets, Jewelry, music, Shoes, skirts, Winter | Tags: Adam, Christian Louboutin, Dannijo, Haute Hippie, holiday dressing 2010, Isabel Marant, Kara Ross, Lee Angel, Loeffler Randall, Neal Evans, Oscar de la Renta, Philippe Audibert, phillip lim, Soulive | No Comments »
Tis the season for holiday parties, and it’s time to figure out what to wear from now through New Year’s Eve. I have two Christmas parties to attend so far, and I am going to Boston for NYE, where my husband’s band Soulive will be performing. I had so much fun looking at holiday clothes online that I am sharing some of my favorites. Click on photos for shopping info.
First up is an adorable Isabel Marant cocktail dress. It’s sexy, but the sideways ruching is really slimming.
These Louboutin’s are so perfect and lovely I could stare at them all day long:
if you are looking to wear a LBD during the holidays, any one of these necklaces will be a perfect addition:
Clockwise from top left:
Lee Angel, Erickson Beamon, Phillip Lim, Dannijo, Philippe Audibert, Oscar de la Renta
I have always wanted a black feather skirt. It’s fun and festive, and if paired with a striped t-shirt and a blazer it satisfies my tomboy side. This one from Adam has a cool chain waistband.
Lastly, here is my perfect NYE outfit. I like to wear flats, because who wants painful feet when ringing in the New Year?
Dress: Haute Hippie, cuff: Philippe Audibert, clutch: J. Crew, sandals: Loeffler Randal, earrings: Kara Ross
I know a festive coat would come in handy at this time of year, so here is my ultimate: A silk flower and stud embellishment coat by Phillip Lim. This coat will also come in handy this spring when white is real dominant for the season:
What will you be wearing this holiday season?
Posted: July 4th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, Art and Fashion, dresses, Hats, Jewelry, music, Shoes, Summer, Tops | Tags: Alex and Ani, Bon Appetit, Juicy Couture, Lola for J. Crew, Maje, Ralph Lauren, Raspberry Thyme Smash Cocktail, Vita Fede Como | No Comments »
Happy 4th of July everyone! Neal and I are still in Miami and having a great time. Yesterday we went paddle boarding on the inner coastal and man are my arms sore today. I am still on my crazy HCG diet and doing well. I have lost 14 pounds so far! I also have downloaded a cool iphone app called “Lose it”. It gives you a daily calorie intact based on your height and weight and how many pounds you want to lose per week. (Max is 2 pounds per week). You then input your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks into it, and it tallies up your daily calorie intake. It really helps to keep you on track, and it’s fun to input say “1/2 cup strawberries” and have little cartoon strawberries show up in your daily log.
Next up in my summer outfit and cocktail series has an adorable floaty top by Juicy Couture. I would wear this to a Central Park Summer Stage event (or a 4th of July party!), and lounge on a nice big towel like this one:
Or even better, this one by artist Peter Doig:
Top: Juicy Couture, bracelet: Vita Fede Como, ring: Alex and Ani, skirt: Maje
espadrilles: Ralph Lauren, hat: Lola for J. Crew
Raspbery Thyme Smash Cocktail from Bon Appetit
Posted: May 26th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, Hats, music | Tags: Neal Evans, Osaka Japan, Soulive, Urban Outfitters | 4 Comments »
I am being the groupie wife and following my husband around in Japan for 10 days while he’s on tour. I thought it might be fun to blog while I am here, and write about whatever catches my fancy. We are in Osaka for the next two days, which is South of Tokyo, and I am sitting back stage with my computer, while my husband sound checks. Earlier today I had a massage at the hotel, as the long international flight did a number on my back. The very polite ladies at the desk showed me to the locker room, handed me a key and a robe, and a pair of blue paper panties. These panties were the most ridiculous things ever. first of all they were way too small for my American ass, so they promptly ripped. And the elasticized legs made it look like I was wearing a too small diaper. The massage was great however, so I forgave the awful paper panties.
Last night Neal and I went to a yakatori spot for dinner. Yakatori is meat grilled on skewers, in this case pork. We had all different kinds of pork. Ground pork, pork belly, etc, it was delicious. The place was super cute, and the stools we sat on were made from empty beer kegs with wooden tops and pillows.
We drank refreshing cold Suntory malt beers:
I loved this beer sign in the restaurant:
Look at this amazing plate of sashimi we ate as a snack the night before. Everything is so fresh here, and presented so beautifully!
And yesterday I found this adorable little black boater straw hat and had to have it. It was super cheap and I adore it.
If you want a boater too, here is one from Urban Outfitters and it is only $20:
Posted: May 2nd, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, denim, Hats, Jewelry, music, Spring, Summer, Sunglasses, t-shirts, The Classics | Tags: Acne, Alexander Wang, Coachella Festival, Dannijo, Max and Chloe, See by Chloe, Spiegel, Topshop, Tory Burch | 2 Comments »
Last day..I felt like I was there at Coachella! Did you? This outfit is so up my alley, it really is what I would have worn…if I would have gone…My husband is a musician, why is he not playing Coachella?? Anyways, I am crazy for the Alexander Wang boots..I know, I know…my size 10 feet would look like boats, and my long toes would creep out the front, but they are so COOL! Imagine if my toes were painted with some great nail polish, like….turquoise…
Top: See by Chloe, hat: Spiegel, ring: Max & Chloe, boots: Alexander Wang
Shorts: Acne, bag: Tory Burch, necklace: Dannijo, sunglasses: TopShop
Posted: May 1st, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, bags, Jewelry, music, shorts, Spring, Summer, Sunglasses | Tags: Christian Louboutin, F-Troupe, Jennifer Ouelette, Max & Nat, Ray-ban, Topshop | 2 Comments »
I hope you aren’t getting bored of these, because I am having such fun putting them together! This outfit is definitely for the 16 year old in me. I personally wouldn’t be caught dead in a romper, but I think they are really adorable on the right person. And if you are that person, then more power to you! So I will instead get the classic Ray-Ban sunglasses, and the charming TopShop charm bracelet.
Romper: TopShop, headband: Jennifer Ouelette, bag: Max & Nat
Shoes: Christian Louboutin, bracelet: TopShop, sunglasses: Ray-Ban
If you love the Louboutin oxfords, you may like these shoes from F-Troupe, and they are only $90
Posted: April 30th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: bags, dresses, Jewelry, music, Shoes, Spring, Summer, Uncategorized | Tags: Anna Sui, Bess, Bokier, Coachella Festival, Erickson Beamon, Scosha, Topshop | No Comments »
Getting close people, getting close…. I know the festival was only 3 days long, but there is so much style in the people there that I have to keep posting about it. Next up is an outfit that is a personal favorite of mine, because it reminds me of Janis Joplin if she were to have worn a dress..I feel like if I owned this dress I would wear it in the summertime, at a backyard bar-b-que, with a tan, and I would be really really relaxed. Excuse me for shopping, but I kind of have to have the Erickson Beamon L’age D’or ring. Totally Art Deco style, which is why I love pairing it with this 1970′s inspired outfit. Unexpected! And that’s what style is about…
Dress: Anna Sui, bag: Botkier, moccasins: Bess
Bracelet: Scosha, Butterfly ring: TopShop, ring: Erickson Beamon
Posted: April 29th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, bags, Jewelry, music, Shoes, Spring, Summer, t-shirts | Tags: Chloe, Coachella Festival, Jennifer Ouelette, Oscar de la Renta, Proenza Schouler, See by Chloe, Topshop | No Comments »
Day 4 of Coachella festival style. Next up is a shorts look with a cute bird tank. I’m kind of crazy about the Chloe enamal ring, and I know the Proenza sunnies are a splurge, but round glasses are on trend right now, and I’d wear them all the time. The See by Chloe bag, while not cheap, looks way more expensive than it’s $495 price tag.
Tank: TopShop, ring: Chloe, headband: Jennifer Ouelette, sandals: TopShop
Shorts: Oscar de la Renta, bag: See by Chloe, sunglasses: Proenza Schouler
Posted: April 28th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: accessories, denim, Jewelry, music, scarves, Spring, t-shirts | Tags: American Eagle, Armand Diradourian, Bassike, Chan Luu, Coachella Festival, Paul & Joe, Stuart Weitzman, Topshop | 2 Comments »
Day 3 of my Coachella outfits. For this one, I got some help from my model friend Irene. We were sitting outside at Norwood with my laptop, and I told her about my little Coachella project and she agreed to help me put together an outfit. So this outfit is dedicated to Irene! I am a big fan of scarves, and I absolutely love the Armand Diradourian scarf. It’s silk and cashmere, so you know it’s super soft, and it has a peace sign pattern on it, which is subtle, when it’s folded like it is below.
T-shirt: Bassike, vest: Paul & Joe, necklace: Chan Luu, shorts: American Eagle
Espadrilles: Stuart Weitzman, bracelets: TopShop, scarf: Armand Diradourian
Posted: April 27th, 2010 | Author: Chrissy | Filed under: bags, Jewelry, music, Shoes, shorts, Spring, Sunglasses | Tags: Alexander Wang, Banana Republic, Coachella Festival, Cynthia Vincent, Forever 21, Giles & Brother, Ray-ban | No Comments »
Day 2 dedicated to the the fantastic style of the Coachella festival goers. Here we have a cute little outfit that I would wear in a second! I love the Giles & Brother leather wrap bracelet with the hook, such a great piece to wear all summer long and dream of the Greek Isles. I also love the uber cool Cynthia Vincent cutout booties, and the Banana Republic bag is really reasonable at $198.
Top: Forever 21, sunglasses: Ray-Ban, bag: Banana Republic
Shorts: Alexander Wang, bracelet: Giles & Brother, Booties: Cynthia Vincent